Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun Monday - Let's get up and dance

Ari's topics for this month have been totally absorbing and inventive. How about this one for today:  "I asked everyone to post a link to a music video or song that specifically makes you want to get up and dance. I did say a, as in singular. But I couldn't settle on just one."
I had the same problem, after rambling through YouTube's offerings from MoTown and from classic rock. Good times!
I did get stuck listening to Punjabi sad songs when I was looking for the perfect dance tune (Punjabi). That beat always gets me up and dancing.
And here's another infectious song: Tightrope by Janelle Monae. It's at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCbc
But because my favorite was embargoed from embedding, I fell back to this good ol' country dance hall favorite:  Boot Scootin' Boogie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZjkYdza8o

4 comments:

  1. Ah - a country girl after my own heart! I love Brooks and Dunn and any ol' country tune gets my boots a tappin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once learned to line dance to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed out on Punjabi tunes. Well, I have almost missed Brooks and Dunn songs too, but you have selected a peppy song. I am not great at line dancing...always seem to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. However, I appreciate everyone else, who always seem to have such a fine time line dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boot Scoot Boogie was very big when I was living in Oklahoma! It's one of the songs I associate with my time there. Never did learn to line dance, though (looked like fun, too!).

    ReplyDelete